How do I send mail to an inmate in the Platte County Jail?
Use the following format to send mail to an inmate:
Name of Inmate
850 Maple St.
Wheatland, WY 82201
- Inmates are not allowed to receive packages.
- Inmates are allowed to receive greeting cards. However, they will not be able to keep in their possession any of the greeting cards that contain circuit boards.
- There is no limit on the amount of letters and inmate may receive.
- Inmates are allowed to purchase paper and prepaid envelopes for return correspondence.
- All mail sent to inmates is subject to search.
How do I send money to an inmate in the Platte County Jail?
The Platte County Jail will only accept Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders, absolutely no cash. Inmate-to-inmate money will not be accepted.
Western Union and Government Pay Services are great ways to send money directly to the inmate’s account.
For detailed instructions see Sheriff’s Website
How do I visit an inmate in the Platte County Jail?
- Males: Tuesday and Saturday (Sat: With Kids)
- Females: Wednesday and Sunday (Sun: With Kids)
Visitation runs from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm with breaks from 11:00am to 1:00 pm and again from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm. You must check in 15 minutes prior to the time you would like to visit. (example: you want to visit at 9:00 am; you must sign in no later than 8:45 am.) If you sign in any time after the 15 minute till time frame you will still be allowed to visit but not until the next visitation start time. If you should have questions, please contact us.
Special visitation will be on Friday’s from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. To qualify for special visit’s you must live 125 air miles away, have proof of residency (brought with you) and the appointment must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Visitations will be 1 hour in length.
- All visitors must have a valid state, government or employment issued photo I.D.
- Only person’s visiting an inmate are allowed in the visiting area. Voices must be kept to an acceptable level, you must remain seated during the visit and children must be controlled by their responsible party (NO PHYSICAL CONTACT VISITS)
- All visitors under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian present with them at all times. Each child must have a birth certificate along with a photo I.D. and/or Social Security card. Legal guardians must have court issued papers with them as well.
- ONLY money orders, cashier’s checks, white t-shirts and long johns will be accepted through the window or mail. CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS!!!
- Appropriate clothing must be worn to visit any inmate; no miniskirts, short shorts, tank tops or tub tops. Cell phones are not to be used during visit, if seen your visit will be terminated immediately.
- All visits are on a first come, first serve. Each inmate is allowed one (1) visit per day with up to 2 adults per visit.
- No exceptions will be made to these policies and Detention staff reserves the right to ask any visitor to leave the facility.
Long Distance Visitors
Visitors that live more than 125 air miles from Wheatland may make an appointment for a special visit. These visits are available on Friday nights only and between the hours of 5:00 p.m and 10:00 pm. You must request your appointment no less than 24 hours in advance by calling 307-322-2335 during regular office hours. Visitation will be 1 hour in length and visitors are required to provide proof of residency along with a valid state, government or employment issued photo I.D.
Children may visit an inmate on designated days only. There will be no exceptions. Children are considered to be 18 years or younger. A child must be accompanied by an adult in order to visit. Proof of guardianship must accompany the adult bringing the child for the visit.
A child must have proper identification in order to visit an inmate. This will include and is not limited to a birth certificate, a social security card, a current school identification card, a current driver’s license. Be prepared to have as much identification for the child as possible. If proper identification is not available the visit will be denied.
The Platte County Jail will not tolerate disobedient children. Visits will immediately cease should the deputies notice unruly children in the reception area.
What is the number to connect with an inmate of the Platte County Jail?
The Platte County Jail number is (307) 322-2335.