Niobrara County Jail in Wyoming is a fourteen bed facility capable of holding adult male and female inmates. Inmates are classified as either being pre-sentenced or sentenced and are 18 years of age and older. Male and female inmates are housed in separated cell blocks. Should a child be arrested they will not be booked into our facility. They will be transported to a juvenile detention facility for holding.
Once a person 18 years or older is brought to Niobrara County Jail, they will be searched, property removed and inventoried. The booking process is completed depending upon the cooperation of the arrested person. Before a person can be released or placed into general housing population, some basic information must be collected about the person: Legal Name, Date of birth, AKA Names and date of births used in the past, Finger / palm printed, Mug and side profile photographed, Tattoos photographed, NCIC record check completed, Strip search before placed into general population.
How do I visit an inmate in the Niobrara County Jail?
All visits will be through a non-contact booth. The maximum number of visitors at one time is two persons per one inmate visit. Visiting time is limited to 30 minutes per visitor / visitor group. Only one visit per scheduled day.
- You must be 18 years of age to visit.
- You must have photo identification for each visitor.
- You cannot have been held in our facility as an inmate within the past twelve calendar months.
- You will be arrested if you have an active warrant.
- Inmates must have completed the entire booking process before non contact visiting and be detoxed if the arrest was for alcohol or drug usage.
- One child can visit if accompanied by one adult guardian, who is 18 years or older. No children shall be left alone in the lobby without the supervision of an adult visitor.
- All visits can be terminated at anytime without reason or notice.
- Inmates who have been placed on disciplinary sanctions, will not be allow to visit.
- Call ahead if you must travel to Lusk, Wyoming before visiting.
Niobrara County Jail Inmate Visiting Schedule
- Monday: No Visiting
- Tuesday: 9:15 am – 10:30 am, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:15 am – 10:30 am, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: No Visiting
- Friday: 9:15 am – 10:30 am, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm