The Washington County Jail is a 176 bed facility with a diverse operation that covers inmate housing, transportation and courthouse security. It is the only jail in Washington County and therefore serves all law enforcement within the county. The Washington County Jail is operated by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
The Washington County Jail operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This makes it a staff intensive operation and creates a high level of wear on facilities and equipment. There is a cost associated with running a Washington County Jail, but there is a bigger cost to running an inadequate facility. Staff is the most important and expensive resource contributing to the success or failure of the jail. The wide array of activities, the complexity of those activities, and the significant liability involved in jail operations, hiring and retaining qualified jail staff is absolutely critical.
Texas jails (including the Washington County Jail) are operated under the guides of the Texas Commission on Jail Standards and are inspected annually to insure compliance with commission standards. Standards are established in order to insure the safety and security of the facility and inmates.
How to send money to an inmate in Washington County Jail?
Please note that Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks are the only method of payment allowed. No cash is accepted.
How can inmate call from Washington County Jail?
Inmate Telephone Services
Or log on to www.PCSDailyDial.com
How do I visit an inmate in the Washington County Jail?
Only Texas issued ID cards are accepted for Jail Visitation. School ID or Out-of-State ID cards are not accepted.
Days/Hours of Visitation
MALES: Friday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
FEMALES: Thursday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Saturday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Rules of Conduct and Clothing
- Only one visit per inmate per day is allowed.
- Only one adult visitor per visit is allowed.
- One or two minor children may accompany the adult and must behave in a quiet and orderly manner or they will be removed.
- Cell phones and cameras are not allowed.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately. Shirts must show no cleavage, sleeves must cover the shoulders entirely. Skirts must not be more than 2 inches above the knees. Short shorts are prohibited.
- There are no exceptions to these rules. Any breaking of rules will result in immediate termination of visit.