The Cuyahoga County Jail (Corrections Center) is a unique facility. It consists of two independent structures united by a bridge on the Fourth Floor level. There are approximately one million square feet of space dedicated to the housing of maximum security prisoners, who are channeled into the CCCC from the City of Cleveland Municipal Court, as well as 13 other suburban courts and the Court of Common Pleas. The current Average Daily Population of the Cuyahoga County Corrections Center is approximately 1850.
The Cuyahoga County Jail houses approximately ten different classifications of inmates, from Pretrial Felons to Sentenced Misdemeanants; Juveniles to Adults; County, State and Federal jurisdictions. The Average Length of Stay for the Pretrial inmate is approximately 32 days, while the ALS for the Sentenced Misdemeanor averages 130 days.
Cuyahoga County Jail’s daily operations are managed by 20 Sergeants who oversee 33 Corporals (lead workers) and a complement of 600 Corrections Officers (line staff). Together, this team, in conjunction with a full time medical staff which includes doctors, RN’s, LPN’s, MTA’s, Psychiatric and Dental services, attends to a population dispersed over 85 housing units or “pods” (59 in Jail I and 26 in Jail II). The yearly departmental budget of approximately $54 million, 70% of which is dedicated to Corrections, includes the production of 6,000+ meals daily at an average cost of $0.70 per meal.
How to send mail to an inmate?
The mailing address for the Cuyahoga County Jail is:
Name & SO Number
Cuyahoga County Jail
P.O. Box 5600
Cleveland, OH 44101
The Cuyahoga County Jail will not accept any packages or money for inmates through the mail except paperback books. Books may be purchased from any bookstore, but must be mailed from the bookstore. Telephones are made available for inmate use on a daily basis. These phones are coinless collect phones. No incoming phone calls are accepted for inmates.
How to send money to an inmate?
Inmates may have no money in their possession while confined. Any money an inmate has at the time of confinement can be placed into a commissary account which can be used to purchase various and sundry items. Money can be placed into an inmate’s account at visitation. Inmates also have the opportunity to purchases up to $30.00 of merchandise per week.
How to visit an inmate?
Visitations are by appointments only.
For appointments call: 216-698-2717 (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Appointments can be made up to one week in advance, but must be made at least one day prior to the visitation day.
You can also register online.
Rules for Visitation
- A registered parent or legal guardian must accompany minors. Proof of guardianship must be shown for every visit. A maximum of two minors per adult is permitted. (minors under 5 yrs old will not be permitted to visit)
- A formerly incarcerated person at the Cuyahoga County Corrections Center, or other correctional facility, is prohibited from visiting unless the period from release is over one month. (Parents and/or Grandparents, of the inmate, may visit and are exempt from this rule. Spouses are also exempt but they must provide a copy of the marriage license.)
- Any exceptions must be approved by the Warden.
- Visitors may visit once per scheduled day
- Visits will be 15 minutes in length.
- Inmate will receive a maximum of 30 minutes of visitation per week.
- Special visits may be applied for in the Wardens’ Office Monday thru Friday (no holidays) 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. These visits are for people from out of town or have special circumstances approved by the Warden. This is a one time visit for 30 minutes. Any subsequent visits must be scheduled on the inmates’ designated dates and times.
Visiting Days and Times
Male & Female A-E
Monday – 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Wednesday – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Male & Female F-K
Monday – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Male & Female L-R
Tuesday – 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Thursday – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Male & Female S-Z
Tuesday – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Thursday – 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Friday – 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Friday – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM